Physical-Logical Access Interoperability or PLAI specification provides an open standard method of sharing and managing personnel, credential, card format, and biometric details across an enterprise with disparate physical access control systems (PACS) and biometric integrations.
Through the use of open standards, customers can leverage the PLAI standard to use current badge technology and biometrics without the need for duplicate enrollments and/or issuance of multiple credentials. PLAI also reduces the complexity of integration compatibly by moving to an open standard rather than per integration drivers.
C•CURE 9000 is certified, and supports PLAI and the management of personnel, credentials, and card formats through the C•CURE 9000 PLAI adapter compatible with any PLAI Agent that is specification compatible.
Enterprise customers can benefit greatly from implementing the PLAI Agent into their security infrastructure along with the C•CURE 9000 PLAI adapter. The PLAI Agent delivers a secure and standardized approach to integrating identity and access control with disparate PACS.
Improved Security and Compliance
- Centrally manage access to critical infrastructure and assets via one source of authority reduces or eliminates conflicts
- Secure management and transfer of data in compliance with GDPR
Reduced Administration Cost and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Defer capital cost of standardizing on one PACS by supporting interoperability of market leading Access Control technologies and biometrics
- Reduce operational administration through easy aggregation of changes to users, credentials, locations, and roles
Improve Employee and User Experiences
- Introduce one identity across the entire enterprise with credentials that can be used on multiple security systems
- Facilitate the provision of one badge which provides access across all locations
- Facilitate the use of mobile credentials for supported hardware
Please submit the following information if you would like to speak with one of our local Area Sales Managers to find out if the PLAI Connection is right for your business.